As Dissertation Committee Chair
Bhadra, Modality and Evidentiality in Bangla.
(co-chair: Mark Baker). Ongoing.
- Yi-Hsun Chen, Superlative Modifiers. Ongoing.
- Sarah Hansen, The Role of Prosody in Biased
Law, Varieties of Distributivity. (co-chair:
Simon Charlow). Ongoing.
- Yagmur Sag,
Bare NPs and Optional Classifiers in Turkish.
- Beibei Xu, Question Bias and Biased Question Words
in Mandarin, German and Bangla. [pdf] 2016.
Lecturer, College of Foreign Languages, Hainan
- Mingming Liu,
Varieties of Alternatives. [pdf]
Assistant Professor, College of Foreign Languages,
Hunan University, China.
Bajaj, Scaling up Exclusive -hii (co-chair:
Kristen Syrett). [pdf]
Barros, Sluicing and Identity in Ellipsis
(Co-chair: Ken Safir). [pdf]
Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University.
- Slavica Kochovska, Macedonian Direct Objects,
Clitics and the Left Periphery. [pdf]
Adjunct Lecturer, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Liping Chen, ‘Dou’: Distributivity and Beyond. [pdf]
Professor, Linguistic/ Literary/Cultural Studies, Sichuan
International University, China.
Robinson, Unexpected (In)definiteness: Plural
Generic Expressions in Romance. [pdf]
Associate Professor, English, York College, CUNY.
Heller, Identity and Information: Semantic and
Pragmatic Aspects of Specificational Sentences. [pdf]
Associate Professor, Linguistics, University of Toronto.
- Bruce Hall, Natural Quantification in Optimality
Theory. (co-chair: Alan Prince). 2004.
- Yoko Futagi, Japanese Focus Particles at the
Syntax-Semantics Interface. [pdf]
Associate Research Scientist, ETS.
- Rong Yang, Common Nouns, Classifiers and
Quantification in Chinese. [pdf]
Senior Speech Architect, United Health Group.
- Takeo Kurafuji, Pronouns in Dynamic Semantics: The
Null-Overt Contrast in Japanese. [pdf]
Professor, Ritsumeikan University, Japan.
- Christine Brisson, Distributivity, Maximalization
and'Floating Quantifiers’. [pdf]
Senior IT Project Leader, School of Arts and Sciences,
University of Pennsylvania.
Sharvit, The Syntax and Semantics of Functional
Relative Clauses. 1997.
Professor, Linguistics, UCLA.
As Dissertation Committee Member
- Nagarajan Selvanathan. Inversion in Copular
Clauses and its Consequences. 2016.
- Teresa Torres Bustamente, On the Syntax and
Semantics of Mirativity: Evidence from Spanish and
Nicolae, Any Questions? Polarity as a
Window into the Structure of Questions. External
member - Harvard Thesis. 2013.
- Richa, Unaccusativity, Unergativity and the
Causative Alternation in Hindi. External
member - JNU Thesis. 2009.
Rett, Degree Modification in Natural Language.
- Jinyoung Choi, Free Choice and Negative Polarity: A
Compositional Analysis of Korean PSI. External
member - UPenn Thesis. 2013.
- Tom Werner, Deducing the Future and Distinguishing
the Past: Temporal Interpretation in Modal Sentences in
- Masaaki Fuji, The Syntax and Semantics of Concealed
Causative Constructions in Japanese. 2003.
Caponigro, Free Not to Ask: On the Semantics of
Free Relatives and Wh-words Cross-linguistically.
External member - UCLA Thesis. 2003.
- Ron Artstein,
Parts of Words. 2002.
- Susanne Preuss, Isssues in the Semantics of
Questions with Quantifiers. 2001.
- Strang Burton, Six Issues to Consider in Choosing a
Husband: Possessive Relations in the Lexical Semantic
Structures of Verbs. 1995.
Butt, The Structure of Urdu Complex Predicates,
External member - Stanford Thesis. 1993.
Last updated March 19, 2017