This Home Page is named for the English Immigrant Ship SAMUEL as a representative of the many ships which carried our ancestors to the New World. The SAMUEL made several voyages bringing immigrants from the Palatinate, Germany, and Switzerland to Philadelphia. This Home Page is dedicated to our brave immigrant ancestors who made the long and dangerous voyage to begin a new life in a new land.
- The "ship Samuel' was begun as a topic on an on-line service when several researchers discovered that their ancestors had come to America on that ship. It quickly became the favorite meeting place for genealogists researching ancestors from the Palatinate, Germany, and Switzerland. This Home Page now provides a resource for our crew members, and all others who are interested in genealogical research involving ancestors from those regions.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: This area will be used to post information of general interest. Anyone wishing to post information in this area may use the e-mail link at the bottom ot the page to contact me, and I will then post your information the next time this page is updated. I wish to thank Frank Deis for his assistance in mirroring this page when I was not able to update it for several days, and also for finding several errors in the URL's I had in the earlier version. Many thanks also to Diana and Gary for establishing their Home Page on AOL, which contains several ship's lists and other useful information. A link to their new Home Page on AOL is included in the revised list of sites below.
- NOW HEAR THIS: CSM Lou Lauderbaugh has set up a Listserv e-mail distribution for us to exchange messages. We all owe Lou a huge THANK YOU for the time and effort he has put into this. If you have not received full information from him about how to subscribe to this new Listserv, e-mail him by clicking on the link below.
E-mail to Lou Lauderbaugh
- To view instructions for subscribing to the SAMUEL Listserv, click below. New crew members and lurkers are welcome!
- To post messages to the SAMUEL ListServ for distribution to all subscribers, Click Below. You may post messages even though you have not subscribed to the ListServ, but will not receive messages from the ListServ until you have subscribed.
E-Mail message to SAMUEL ListServ
The WOODEN U-BOAT is an area for Frank Deis to continue to assist us in our research by posting information about useful resources for Palatinate, German, and Swiss genealogy and history.
Builders Plan of the
FRANK'S HINTS AND TIPS
CLICK BELOW to view the Interior Plan of the ship SAMUEL, as modified on Cap'n Ski's instructions after arrival at Philadelphia.
- Click Below to view a list of links to other sites of interest to genealogists.
- You may use the E-Mail link below to send mail to me. Please use it for any suggestions, corrections, or comments.
E-Mail to Howard Groff
To visit the CompuServe homepage, follow this link
Click here to find out more about Personal Home Pages