STATISTICS 663: REGRESSION THEORY
SECTON 01, FALL 2017
INSTRUCTOR: PROF. DAVID E. TYLER
567 HILL CENTER (BUSCH CAMPUS)
EMAIL: dtyler AT stat DOT rutgers DOT edu
5:00 - 6:00 PM.
THURSDAYS: 2:00 - 3:00 PM.
OTHER TIMES BY APPOINTMENT.
- I will available at the office from 2:00 - 4:00pm on Monday, November 6.
- The midterm exam will be given from 2:00 - 4:40pm on Tuesday, November 7.
- The exam is closed book. However, 5 pages of notes are allowed.
- Calculators are allowed, but most likely will not be needed.
- Bring pencils, not pens!
- The exam will cover:
- Class lectures: 1 - 17.
- Chapter 1: except section 1.7.
- Chapter 2: except for the discussions of conditional distributions for the multivariate normal
and the multiple correlation coefficients.
- Chapter 3: sections 3.1, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.8.
- The relevant problems are:
- Homework problems assigned within class lectures 1 - 17.
- Text homework problems listed in the HW set below.
- The course policy and syllabus are posted below.
- The homework set has been updated again (10/16) and is posted below.
- Complements to Lectures 1 - 8 are posted below.
HOMEWORK AND READING ASSIGNMENTS