My research is in the area of Biomedical Engineering. Specifically, I am interested in the extraction of relevant information from three dimensional (3D) medical images by developing state of the art computational algorithms for image guided surgery and therapy applications. The main objective of my research is to study and model medical procedures and introduce advanced computer integrated solutions to improve their quality, efficiency, and safety.
If you are interested in learning more about my research and available positions please go to CompAST lab website.
- 2015-Present Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- 2014-Present Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers University
- 2014-Present Director, Computer Assisted Surgery and Therapy Laboratory (CompAST)
- 2010-2013 Post-doctoral fellow Centre for Hip Health and Mobility, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 2005-2010 PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 2004-2005 Research Engineer, Center for Satellite Communications and Remote Sensing, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2001-2004 M.Sc. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1997-2001 B.Sc. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey.