Response to Kevin Martin's Vital Church Newsletter -- January 8, 2004

>     Get over it. Get therapy. Get out.
>
> Right now, I am not convinced that these are my only
> alternatives. What do you think?

I would not say any of those three things to you, nor even think them.
I am appalled that others have.  They are wrong.

Instead, EMBRACE.

Far more joins us than separates us.  Jesus loves us all immeasurably.
He did not say, "Agree with one another" but "Love one another."

You describe what it feels like to be a dissenter within ECUSA.
Having been one far longer than you, I can empathize.  Ironically
ECUSA now finds itself a dissenter to Lambeth 98 and most of the
Anglican Communion.

Surely all we dissenters have much to teach one another, especially
about God's love -- not only for us, but for those with whom we
disagree.  That will surprise the world far more than any position we
might take regarding the issues about which we disagree.

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you love one
another" (John 13:35).  Never has that been a richer challenge.

May God's countenance continue to shine in your own.

Lutibelle/Louie
Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D.
Member of Executive Council
377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1222. 973-395-1068
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html  Anglican Pages