[HoB/D] Article from CHRISTIANITY TODAY

> From another list:
>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:52 AM
> Subject: Re: [LS] Article from CHRISTIANITY TODAY
>
> The Windsor Report also notes that Hong Kong first brought the issue to
> Lambeth in the 1940's, and that the first Eames Commission did not
> report
> until the 80's, well after many provinces had begun to ordain women.
>
> Can anyone fill in the missing bits of this chronology?

The Windsor Report is intentionally arch in saying that Hong Kong brought
the issue for discussion.  Hong Kong brought a fait accompli, much as TEC
has done in this  instance.  Bishop Hall ordained Li Tim Oi as the first
woman Anglican priest  during WW2 to serve in Macau.  Then Lambeth
nattered about it.  They're still nattering about it.

L.

    I am grateful that God didn't wait for the world to come to
    theological consensus about incarnation prior to Mary's pregnancy.

                     -- The  Rev. Ed Bacon, All Saints, Pasadena, CA