[HoB/D] Are Anglican bishops exempt from telling the Truth?

To:  Bishops-Deputies of the General Convention of the Episcopal Church

I sent this letter  to Canon Peterson three times by email and even mailed
it by hard copy while in Stratford, England to assure that he would receive
it.  He has never replied.

The Windsor Report urges the same commitment to listen to lesbian and gay
Christians.

L., Newark Deputy, Member of Executive Council

cc to Bishops of the Anglican Communion

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:53:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
To: The Rev. Canon John Peterson <john.l.peterson@anglicancommunion.org>
Subject: ACC's Monitoring and sharing resources as requested by Lambeth 98

Gentle Canon Peterson,

Section F of the Lambeth Sexuality Resolution "requests the Primates
and the ACC to establish a means of monitoring the work done on the
subject of human sexuality in the Communion and to share statements
and resources among us."

Can you point me to, or otherwise share with me, an account of ACC's
monitoring and a list of the statements and resources which the ACC
routinely makes available?

Which of the 38 provinces have engaged in listening to lesbians and
gays, as promised by Section C?: "[W]e commit ourselves to listen to
the experience of homosexual people."  What lesbian and gay groups
have been contacted?  How has this listening been structured?

How might I contact the homosexual people to get their perspectives on
this process, or if you prefer to protect their anonymity, would you
be willing to alert them that as a gay Anglican I would appreciate
their contacting me privately.

What work has been done by the ACC and by each of the 38 provinces "to
assure them [homosexual persons] that they are loved by God and that
all baptized, believing and faithful persons, regardless of sexual
orientation, are full members of the Body of Christ?"  (Also in
Section C).  Can you share with me material prepared by the ACC or by
any of the Provinces that have been circulated within the lesbian and
gay community to assure them?

What work has been done by the ACC and by each of the 38 provinces to
speak publicly "to condemn irrational fear of homosexuals" (Section D
of the resolution)  Amnesty International has ongoing reports of civil
rights abuses against homosexual persons throughout the world.  What
efforts, if any, does the ACC make  "to condemn irrational fear of
homosexuals" in those particular parts of the Communion?

What have the primates themselves done individually and collectively
to live into these commitments, as charged by the resolution?

Thank you in advance.  I look forward to sharing your response with
the whole church, and most especially with other gay and lesbian
Christians.

Faithfully yours,

Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D.
Member of Executive Council of the Episcopal Church
377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1222. 973-395-1068

cc to the ACC members from The Episcopal Church