- in prep. Crosslinguistic Semantics.
[English (tense-based): UC analysis (see Bittner 2011, 2014)]
[Kalaallisut (mood-based): texts, UC analysis (see Bittner 2011, 2014)]
[Mandarin (aspect-based): texts, UC analysis (see Bittner 2014)]
[Amele (tense-mood-based): texts, UC analysis (switch reference)]
[St’at’imcets (mood-aspect-based?): texts, UC analysis (in prep.)]
[Bininj Gunwok (tense-aspect-based): UC analysis (see Bittner & Trondhjem 2008)]
[courses: Semantics III (Ru Ling, planned for fall 2014)]
- 2014. Temporality: Universals and Variation. Wiley-Blackwell.
fields: semantics, philosophy of language, computational linguistics
[courses: Temporality (Ru Ling), DynSem (Warsaw Phil), DynSem (Ru Ling)]
[talks: ctr, tns, asp] [Mandarin: texts, UC analysis; NACCL-25 hdt, slides, paper]
- 1994. Case, Scope, and Binding. Kluwer, Dordrecht.
[2013 eBook and softcover reprint by Springer of the original 1994 edition].
fields: syntax, semantics, syntax-semantics interface
- In press. Topic states in Mandarin discourse. In: Proceedings of NACCL 25 (2013) (Michael Opper, ed.). Ohio State University.
- In press. Perspectival discourse referents for indexicals. In: Proceedings of SULA 7 (2012) (Hannah Greene, ed.). GLSA, UMass, Amherst. [slides]
- 2011. Time and modality without tenses or modals. In: Tense across Languages, (R. Musan & M. Rathers, eds.) 147–188. Niemeyer, Tübingen.
- 2008. Quantification as reference: Evidence from Q-verbs. In: Quantification: A Cross-Linguistic Perspective (Lisa Matthewson, ed.), 7–66. Emerald. (with Naja Trondhjem)
Kalaallisut (Eskimo-Aleut: Greenland)
- fieldwork on mood & evidentiality
- a shaman's definition of poetry (early 1900's); more Kalaallisut texts
- pictures from Ukkusissat, 1982–4: seasons, school, Christmas
Ukkusissarmiut / Living in Ukkusissat. (1983, by school children & MB)
- Ukkusissat area, Greenland, 1982–4 [seasons] [backpacking] [notes]
- Ctr. Australia, with Ken Hale on our way to a Warlpiri settlement, July 1994 [pictures]
- more walks