- in prep. Compositionality. Cambridge University Press. [book proposal]
- 2014. Temporality: Universals and Variation. Wiley-Blackwell.
- 1994. Case, Scope, and Binding. Kluwer, Dordrecht.
[2013 eBook and softcover reprint by Springer of the original 1994 edition].
- In press. Topic states in Mandarin discourse. Proceedings of NACCL 25 (2013)
- 2014. Perspectival discourse referents for indexicals. Proceedings of SULA 7 (2012)
- 2011. Time and modality without tenses or modals. In: Tense across Languages,
(R. Musan & M. Rathers, eds.) 147–188. Niemeyer, Tübingen.
- 2008. Quantification as reference: Evidence from Q-verbs. In: Quantification: A Cross-Linguistic Perspective (Lisa Matthewson, ed.), 7–66. Emerald. (with Naja Trondhjem)
- 2015. Update with Centering: Anaphora. CogSci Proseminar (Part 1), Rutgers.
- 2015. Update with Centering: Indexicality. CogSci Proseminar (Part 2), Rutgers.
Fieldwork & text studies
- 2014. Amele switch reference as temporal recentering (tense-mood-based language)
- 2011. From Mandarin texts to Update with Centering (aspect-based language)
- more fieldwork & text studies
Kalaallisut (Eskimo-Aleut: Greenland)
- fieldwork on mood & evidentiality
- a shaman's definition of poetry (early 1900's); more Kalaallisut texts
- pictures from Ukkusissat, 1982–4: seasons, school, Christmas
Ukkusissarmiut / Living in Ukkusissat. (1983, by school children & MB)
- Ukkusissat area, Greenland, 1982–4 [seasons] [backpacking] [notes]
- Ctr. Australia, with Ken Hale on our way to a Warlpiri settlement, July 1994 [pictures]
- more walks