Prabhas Moghe is jointly appointed as Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Professor of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering at Rutgers University in New Jersey.
Dr. Moghe received B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Bombay (UDCT) in 1988, Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (Specialty: Bioengineering) from the University of Minnesota in 1993, and trained on a postdoctoral fellowship in Bioengineering at Harvard Medical School from 1993 to 1995. Dr. Moghe joined the Rutgers faculty in 1995.
Dr. Moghe's research leadership roles include: Principal Investigator and Director on the NSF-sponsored IGERT program at Rutgers on Integratively Engineered Biointerfaces (2003-) and Integrated Science & Engineering of Stem Cells (2008-13) and PI/Director of a Nanoscale Interdisciplinary Research Team (NIRT) (2006); Director of Rutgers-UMDNJ Joint Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering (2007-); CORE PI for NIH-sponsored Integrated Research Center on Polymeric Biomaterials (2003-13); School of Engineering Diversity Champion for the NE-AGEP (2005-). Previously he has served as Undergraduate Program Director in Biomedical Engineering (2000-2002) and Director of the New Jersey Confocal Microscopy and Cell Culture Facility for Biomaterials, first established in 1996. He was appointed as graduate faculty member of the Graduate Program in Cell and Developmental Biology (Molecular Biosciences) at Rutgers in 1998.
For Dr. Moghe's peer-reviewed journal publications, click
For Dr. Moghe's research presentations at conferences and invited lectures (total ~ 150), click
Currently, Dr. Moghe's research group comprises eleven graduate students, three postdoctoral research fellows and scientists, and several undergraduate researchers.
*Vice-chair, Session titled "New Techniques in Bioengineering",
Annual AIChE Meeting, November 1996, Chicago
*Chair, Session in the Topical Conference on Biomaterials, titled
"Cell adhesion-specific biomaterials", November 1997, Los Angeles.
*Chair, Session on "Tissue Engineering", November 1998, Miami Beach. * Co-chair, Session "Advances in Tissue Engineering", AIChE Meeting, Nov. 1999, Dallas, TX. * Chair, Session entitled "Advances in Tissue Engineering", AIChE Meeting, Nov. 2000, Los Angeles, CA.
*Chair, Session titled "Engineered Structure-Function Relations in SoftTissue
Analogs", 28th Annual BMES meeting, October 1996, Penn. State University, PA.
*Chair, Session on "Tissue Engineering (Organogenesis)", at 28th Annual BMES
meeting, October 1997, University of California, San Diego, CA.
*Chair, Session on "Surface Modification and Characterization", at 29th Annual
BMES meeting, October 1998, Case Western Reserve Univ./Cleveland Hospitals, OH.
*Chair, Session on "Tissue Engineering of Liver", at 29th Annual BMES
meeting, October 1998, Case Western Reserve Univ./Cleveland Hospitals, OH. -Chair, Session entitled "Tissue Engineering of Metabolic Organs," BMES Annual Meeting, Oct. 2000, Seattle, WA. -Co-chair, Session entitled "Cell-Biomaterials Interactions, BMES Annual Meeting, Oct. 2000, Seattle, WA.
*Chair, Session entitled "Tissue Engineering - Biomaterials Issues", July 1997,
Sun River, OR.
*Chair, Session entitled "Cell and Protein Interaction with Biomaterial Surfaces", SB Annual Meeting, April 1999, Providence, RI.
*Chair, Session entitled "Cellular Interactions with Tissue Analogs and
Biomaterials", FASEB Annual Meeting, April 1997, New Orleans, LA.
*Chair, Symposium on "Tissue Engineering", FASEB Meeting, April 1997, New
· Spring 2007, 2008, 2009 Introduction to Transport Phenomena II (Mass & Energy Transport; Core CBE Course; Junior Year)
· Fall 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 Biointerfacial Characterization (Graduate IGERT Core Course)
· Fall 2001, 2002, 2003 Biomedical Transport Phenomena (Junior Year; Core BME Course)
· Spring 1999, 2000, 2001 Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (Junior Year; Core CBE Course)
· Fall 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Introduction to Biochemical Engineering (Senior Year; Core CBE course/BME elective)
· Spring 1996, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005 Advanced Transport Phenomena (Core Graduate)
· Fall 1998, 1999, 2000 Biomaterials Characterization for Tissue Engineering (Core Graduate, Biomedical Engineering) / Topics in Biochemical Engineering
· Spring 1996 Bioseparations (Graduate; Co-taught with Pedersen and Buettner)
· 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Faculty Organizor, Merck Distinguished Lecture Series, Rutgers
· 1996, 1997, 1998 Faculty Coordinator , Graduate Student Seminars
· Spring 1997 Co-instructor, Biodegradable
Polymers in Medical Applications (Short
Course Organized by the American Chemical Society and Bell Laboratories)
· Mass and Heat Transport (CBE Junior Course), Click here=> 155:304
· Biointerfacial Characterization (Graduate IGERT Course), Click here=> 125:583
· Introduction to Biochemical Engineering (Senior Year), Click here=> 155: 411
· Advanced Transport Phenomena (Graduate Core), Click here=> 155: 502
· Biomaterials Characterization in Tissue Engineering / Topics in Biochemical Engineering) (Graduate Core in BME), Click here=> 125:553 or 155:532
· Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 155:308 (Undergraduate ChE Core), Click here=> 155:308
· Biomedical Transport Phenomena, 125:303, 155:305 (Undergraduate BME Core), Click here=> 155:303