The Rutgers Film Co-op / NJMAC and Eastman Kodak present the 12th Annual
UNITED STATES SUPER 8 MM FILM / VIDEO FESTIVAL
February 18 - 20, 2000 / Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Results of previous Super8 Festivals:
The 12th annual United States Super 8 mm Film / Video Festival will be held on February 18 - 20, 2000 at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. The Festival encourages any genre (animation, documentary, experimental, fiction, personal, etc.), but the work must have predominantly originated on Super 8 mm film or 8 mm video. All works will be screened by a panel of judges who will award $2600 in cash and prizes. Last years festival drew a S. R. O. audience which viewed 25 prize-winning works out of 140 entries from throughout the United States and Canada.
The Festival takes as its mandate the spreading of the 8 mm word. Toward that end, the Rutgers Film Co-op / NJMAC has sponsored five touring programs culled from Super 8 Festival prize-winners for the past five years. The "Selections of the U. S. Super 8 Film / Video Festival Touring Program" has been screened at media arts centers, film festivals and universities including the 2nd World Festival of Video in Brussels, Belgium; the Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester, New York; 911 Media Arts Center in Seattle, Washington; Boston School of the Museum of Fine Arts; Hallwalls in Buffalo, New York; the Melbourne Super 8 Festival, Australia; Pittsburgh Filmmakers; the Northwest Film & Video Center / Portland Art Museum, Oregon; Utah Film & Video Center in Salt Lake City and many others.
To enter :-
- Fill out the form availbale at the end of this document.
- Make out a check / money order of $35.00 (non-refundable) payable to Rutgers Film Co-op/NJMAC for each entry submitted (please do not send cash).
- For films, include your name and title on the outside of the film can as well as on the head and tail leader.
- For videotapes, include your name and title on both the tape box and the tape itself.
- Include with your entry
- a completed entry form;
- the non-refundable entry fee;
- a self-addressed stamped postcard for notification of entry receipt; and
- a self-addressed stamped container for return of entry.
- Mail entries to :
- 2000 United States Super 8 Film / Video Festival
- Rutgers Film Co-op / NJMAC
- 108 Ruth Adams Building, Douglass Campus
- 131 George Street
- Rutgers University
- New Brunswick
- NJ 08901-1414
- For more information contact us at :
Phone : (732) 932-8482
Fax : (732) 932-1935
E-mail : email@example.com
Please note :
- All entries must have originally been shot predominantly on Super 8 / 8 mm film or Digital 8 / Hi 8 / 8 mm video. Video transfers of films are accepted.
- Do not send originals or prints with many splices.
- Please do not send any entries in fiber-filled mailing containers.
- Entries will be returned on or before March 21, 2000.
- Rutgers Film Co-op / NJMAC will not be held responsible in the event of loss or damage to submitted work.
- Only finalists will be notified in advance that their work is in the final screenings; all other participants will receive complete documentation by March 21, 2000.
For a festival entry form click here.