The Office of the University Controller is responsible for all of the functions performed by the following divisions:
University Accounting - performs all general accounting functions required by the university on all campuses.
Grant and Contract Accounting - provides post award grant and contract accounting and financial compliance support to the university's research community.
Payroll - serves as the central support service in the university's payment of salary and hourly employees and maintains benefit enrollment, reporting and accounting activity, Federal and State employment tax withholding and reporting data.
Student Accounting Services - records and bills tuition and fee revenues, housing, dining, miscellaneous charges on all students' accounts at the university. Collects and records payments, financial aid credits, scholarship payments, tuition remission and waivers for every semester students are in attendance at the university.
Tax Department - ensures compliance with federal and state tax laws and regulations, including the timely filing of the university's federal and state tax returns. Advises the university on various matters including unrelated business income, scholarship and fellowship taxation, nonresident alien payments, tax treaty benefits, tax exempt bond financing, compensation and fringe benefits and employment taxes.
This office can help with issues regarding:
- Reporting Financial Concerns
- Improper or illegal use of university funds
- Accounting errors or irregularities
- Improper donor stewardship
- Improper handling of grants, contracts, or other sponsored projects
- Improper or illegal payments to university employees
- Improper or illegal treatment of state sales tax
- Contact Information
- Call +1 (732) 445-7449. For more information please click here.